Jul 28, 2010

Dead Flies

A good name is better than precious ointment;
(Ecclesiastes 7:1)

Dead flies cause the ointment of the apothecary to send forth a stinking savor:
so doth a little folly him that is in reputation for wisdom and honor.
(Ecclesiastes 10:1)


Your name... What do people think when they hear your name?
Nicole...

OR

Innermost Aspirations (for those who only know me by blog)

I read quite a few different blogs and I enjoy them all for different reasons. Beneath my Heart, is one I encourage you to read. My favorite posts are on Wednesdays when she writes about her mother who has went on to be with the Lord. I find myself laughing and crying with her when she writes; her posts show her love for her mother and thankfulness that she was raised in a Christian home.

When you say, Pioneer Woman, I immediately think bizarre city girl who married a cowboy and has amazing cooking posts.

Brookes Insights, may not get all the hits that Pioneer Woman gets but I enjoy reading it not only because the author is my sweet little sister, but also because through her writings I see her passions: her concern for our country, love for her family and children, and utmost desire to find God's will and do it. She is true to her writing and I love her for her sincerity.

The Lettered Cottage, is a blog which I enjoy browsing through the remodeling projects that the energetic couple do together.

Then there are blogs like, Playing Sublimely, Chatting at the Sky, and Stories from a Restless Heart, that some days I read and wish I could write with so much passion and melancholy spirit.

And of course there are those blogs that I read once a week or so... that blogger seems self-centered; their writing is shallow and lacks depth; they have way too much time on their hands type blogs...

I am judging these bloggers just by their style of writing and it made me stop and think. What impression does my blogging give others? And, more personal...what do people think when they hear my name...Nicole?

I once heard a pastor say, "Take care of your character and your reputation will take care of itself." Such a wise statement.

So, what does your blogging tell others about you? What initial thought crosses the minds of others when your name is mentioned?

2 comments:

  1. You are an encourager to me Nicole. Your name and your blog always show your love of your family and all God has given you. You are thankful. A thankful heart never has to write with 'such passion'. You show it in your life and in how you write. I see clarity in you. Just my two cents:) Your blog is making memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for your sweet comment.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...