Mar 31, 2009

girlfriend's outing



"What is a friend?" I will tell you...it is someone with whom you dare to be yourself. True friends are not something easy to come by, yet I have been blessed with so many; two of them being Tab and EJ. Tab and I were destined to be friends before we were even born. Our newly married mothers had met at church and were fast becoming the best of friends. I was born 7 months after Tab and we became childhood playmates at a very young, young age. We have pictures taken together as one year olds in my playroom. Through the years with our families being best friends, our friendship has been strengthened. The two of us are complete opposites in most areas but that's what makes me love her the more. She definately is one of those life long friends; we are like a Anne and Diana Barry who made this pledge: "We must join hands...I will repeat the oath first. I solemnly swear to be faithful to my bosom friend, Diana Barry, as long as the sun and moon shall endure."



EJ is another childhood friend of mine...We probably had our first introductions in church nursery, I'm really not for sure...:) We have been friends through elementary, high school, and college. EJ is a super sweet girl with a hilarious giggle and a very creative style. I graduated from kindergarten with her in 1993, from highschool together in 2005, and now this May 14th we will be graduating from college. The years really flown by and I am so excited to see what the Lord has planned for all of us.


Tab and EJ truly are those kind of friends "who come into our lives and we are never ever the same... Last night we were able to spend a very enjoyable evening together. We put our "pennies" together and got a room at a local motel. We spent the night gorging ourselves on peanut m&m's, elfkin cookies, bbq chips and french onion dip, mt. dew, subway, red vines, peanut butter cookies, and sour rips! (strange combination, I know!) We swam, took pics, went out for a midnight snack, chatted, and channel surfed. We took off of work today and were able to get some great deals at the Outlet. We had a very relaxing and enjoyable outing! "Life truly is partly what we make of it, and partly what is made by the friends whom we choose."

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...