Apr 11, 2009

A Day In My Life...

“To get up each morning with the resolve to be happy... is to set our own conditions to the events of each day. To do this is to condition circumstances instead of being conditioned by them.”

Saturdays are probably my favorite day of the week...One reason being because it is the one day I get to sleep in and by sleeping in I mean 7:45, which is 2.5 hours longer than week days. So my morning started off with a piece of left over pizza for breakfast as well as a cup of coffee to go.

Our Nursing Home Service started at 10:00 with the attendance being up. My dad preached an excellant message on the crucifixion and resurrection of our Lord. Usually, during the service I go out and visit the residents who were not able to attend...however, today I stayed back to hear my dad preach. He has such a way with the elderly; we like to tease him about all those little old ladies..:) I really enjoy hearing my dad preach and today he was especially good.

After nursing home, we came home and picked up alittle; but, since we had had company last night the house was still pretty clean. I studied my lesson for bus, which is the Resurrection Story. This Bible lesson, tops my favorite list, along with the Christmas story, David and Goliath, and Esther. I am excited to tell it and hope to convey the message clearly to my bus kids.

My parents took me up to a couple car dealerships to get some ideas for cars. I hope to be able to save up money over the summer to put down a good size downpayment and purchase a reasonable car come September. After drooling over the Corvettes, Chargers, and Challengers, we came to the used car lot section and I saw a few that I was impressed with...

1. My top choice would be a Chevrolet Cobalt which is a little pricey, but maybe we'll be able to find a good price on a used one.







2. Another one I like is a Ford Focus...



3. Chevrolet Aveo



4. And my last pick...Toyato Yaris


From here we went grocery shopping, which I always enjoy...being the lover of food that I am. We purchased our Easter dinner along with some goodies for our Easter Baskets...I know as a 22 year old I still enjoy getting an Easter basket...pretty pathetic, what can I say...I guess I'm just a kid at heart!

Mom and I tried out a recipe for Shepherd's Pie, which turned out deliciously yummy! (http://teamdewhurst.blogspot.com/2009_03_01_archive.html) After getting dinner in the oven, Brooke, my mom, and I dyed two dozen eggs for my bus easter egg hunt. The evening has now come and the night is drawing to an end...my eyelids are closing and I'm thinking to myself..."Ahh...what a wonderful life!"

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Thanks for the shout out about my recipe! Glad you guys liked it. Glad you were able to get through my badly written instructions... I don't think I am being called to write a cook book anytime soon :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...