Jun 30, 2009

It's so hard to say "Goodbye"




Goodbyes...why do they have to be so hard? And whoever came up with that term anyway? Good bye...I think Bad bye would be more fitting.

Today was Olivia's last day at Wee Care. I had known it would be coming, but I still was not prepared. I have worked with Olivia for 1 1/2 years and have become quite attached to her. She was one of those children that you couldn't help but fall in love with. She was this tiny little girl who just full of sweetness, and hardly ever naughty. I was wrapped around her finger, and I admit her big brown eyes and beautiful smile made me give her anything she asked for most of the time.

Working with children has great rewards, seeing them mature, watching them make progress both mentally and socially, and falling in love with their unique personalities. Olivia was a definite favorite of mine and work will not be the same without her. I feel so blessed to have played a role in her life for this short time, yet so sad to see it ended. As I hugged her for the last time and felt her little arms squeeze my neck and heard her whisper in my ear, "I love you Miss Nicole," I realized that although goodbyes may be difficult and painful I was so very lucky to have met someone who makes saying goodbye so very hard. "You never truly leave someone and say Goodbye; you take a part of them with you and leave a part of yourself behind."

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...