Nov 26, 2009

Thankfulness Part II

I don't really know where to start... When I think about what I am thankful for so many things come to mind. I guess what I've learned this past year is to be thankful for each day God gives me. To realize that life is an adventure and what would be the fun of it if we knew what came next? I think back to last year at this time...

My dad had just lost his job and was working part time through the holidays for UPS. We didn't know what the future was going to hold for our family. The bills were coming and we were tight financially. But, you know what? God provided. I saw the Lord supply our needs time after time. I remember a week before last Thanksgiving we got a knock on our door and someone from the church dropped by with a "Thanksgiving food basket" for us. My pride told me that we didn't need it, but really we did and the Lord gave us a turkey and alot of other food items. Believe it or not, we still have some food items left from the food baskets we received last holiday season! I saw the Lord provide my dad with a job the same week that his unemployment ran out, I saw God show himself to us one day at a time and for that I am truly grateful.

Last week I was able to be on the other side of that food basket. My friend, Liz and I were able to bring a couple food baskets to some needy families on our bus route. As I stood inside one woman's home and gave her that basket, I couldn't help but remember last year. The woman got choked up and hugged both of us, saying over and over, "God bless you, God bless you!" I couldn't help but feel my eyes water and feel so very blessed to have been a part of an answer to prayer in someone else's life...

I had a wonderful Thanksgiving and am looking forward for what the next year holds. Truly the Lord has daily loaded me with benefits!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...