Jan 28, 2010

Exploding Milk...

I am always trying to find new ideas to keep the children interested in Science;
which is quite hard, seeing as 3-5 year olds have
about a 5-10 minute attention span!
Recently I came across an experiment online and
I was finally able to try it out on the kids.

Ingredients include:
Milk
Food Coloring
Dish Soap

Instructions:
Pour milk in a flat container
just enough to cover the bottom...



Drop food coloring into milk in a circular pattern.
Do not disturb the container.


Take dish soap and squirt once onto the dye.


Watch the colors "explode"


Be prepared to do it over and over again,
each time experimenting with different colors
to see the unique tie-dye affect it will make!


Note to self: Great experiment, but next time wear gloves...

4 comments:

  1. Definitely going to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always way outdo yourself in everything! I am sooo proud of you. You are one awesome little teacher!! ~Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have two granddaughters spending the night on Saturday. Looks like I will have something to 'wow' them with. That should put me right up on the 'cool grandma' list.

    Thanks for the grest idea!
    Aunt Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so kind...and I am so very honored!
    Love,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...