Jan 9, 2013

A New Chapter

When I left Queen's my future seemed to stretch out before me like a straight road. I thought I could see along it for many a milestone. Now there is a bend in it. I don't know what lies around the bend, but I am going to believe that the best does. It has a fascination of its own, that bend, Marilla. I wonder how the road beyond it goes - what there is of green glory and soft, checkered light and shadows - what new landscapes - what new beauties - what curves and hills and valleys farther on.
LM Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables


It seems like just yesterday that I started this blog...
but in all actuality it has been four years.

Four years of growing
of learning
of hard times
of good times
of gained friends
of lessons learned
of faith increased
of prayers answered.


This past year was the most eventful yet.
I started dating and was engaged and thus 
began the wedding planning (and lack of blog posts).
Then my sister got a job offer to teach in Ohio
and we said our goodbyes in August.
Shortly after my mom was diagnosed with cancer,
had surgery, and began radiation treatments.
Have I ever mentioned on here how much I love my mother?
She truly is a godly woman and a wonderful role model.
I watched her and was in awe of her selflessness through this time.
God was graceful and after completing radiation
she is cancer-free.


Amidst that I was married to my best friend and soul-mate.
He is my better half and makes me strive to be a better person.
I love him dearly and couldn't imagine my life without him.
We started a blog together where you can follow us as well
as a joint photography blog.  We would love to have you
come on over to either one for a visit! :)

Thank you for the input and comments over the years and for
reading my innermost aspirations.
The book is not ended, rather a new chapter has begun...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...