Aug 3, 2011

Something to ponder

 Do not pray for easy lives!
Pray to be strong men.
Do not pray for tasks equal to your powers.
Pray for powers equal to your tasks.


Then the doing of your work shall be no miracle,
but you shall be a miracle.
~Phillips Brooks


 Greatness comes not by having a mossy path made for you
through the meadows, but by being sent to hew out a roadway
by your own hands.


 I read that excerpt today and it really caused me to just sit and ponder.
How many times have I been envious of others who seem to live a bed of roses.
To me it seems as if everything in life has been handed to them.
I am truly happy for them, but sometimes I wonder...
Why can't my life be like that?


I am not saying this to complain about my life, because I love life...
God is truly so very good to me.
However after reading this I was convicted of listening to the Devil 
and feeling sorry for myself at times.


Convicted of wishing for things that are not necessarily bad,
but are not what God would have for me at this time in life.


And then it hit me...
The reason God does not give me a life of miracles and perfection is because He is working the miracle through me, rather than around me.


I do not want others to wish for my life, but rather to wish for my faith.
I want to live so that others see the miracle living in me.


 The easy life does not lead to greatness of character.
And so I prayed today - not for a bed of roses but rather
the character to rise to whatever God may bring may way.

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and I -
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
~Robert Frost
{Pictures taken in Napa, CA} 
Come see some of my photography over at Serendipity-Images.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing...the timing was quite appropriate. :) I love how God does things like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes the sames as what Kali said this came at the right time or should i say the God time... Right just when i needed it God lead me to read this...
    Thank you for sharing your experiences though this Christian life. It is very encouraging to know that i am not alone in this Christian Journey
    Thank you for allowing God to use your life as outlet to minister to people allover the world.
    God Bless You
    I pray that in due season God will give you all that you need, In his perfect timing.
    Psalms 18:30 (NKJV)
    As for God, HIS WAY is perfect; The word of the Lord is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure I recognize these pics! :) Great post..very convicting and encouraging all in one! I'm thankful for godly friends. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...