Oct 29, 2011

and yet another pasta dish...

 I have this addiction to pasta.
When I was deciding what to make for dinner the other day, all of my ideas were pasta.
So I decided to try something new from my pinterest board;
something called Crispy Chicken with Creamy Italian Sauce and Bowtie Pasta.
(Kind of complex, I know, therefore I have renamed it::
Italian Manna) :)

Ingredients::
{serves 6}
  • 3 chicken breasts
  • 5 C corn flakes
  • 3/4 C flour
  • 1/2 t salt
  • 1/2 C milk
  • 6 T olive oil
  • 1 12 oz package of bowtie pasta
Sauce::
  • 1 10 oz Philadelphia cooking cream (Italian Cheese & Herb flavor)
  • 2 cans cream of chicken soup
  • 1 C chicken broth
  • 1/2 C milk
  • fresh parsley
  
Crush the corn flakes into crumbs and put in a loaf or pie pan.
Add the salt to the flour and put into another pan.
Place the milk in a separate pan.


Split the chicken breasts into two

Pound the chicken flat with a meat mallet. 

Dredge the chicken in flour

Lay the chicken on a plate and put in the freezer.
Let sit for 5-10 min.


Prepare the pasta

Remove the chicken from the freezer and dredge each piece in milk and then into the corn flake crumbs.


Lay the chicken in the hot oil.  
Sprinkle with salt and pepper.

  
Cook both sides until golden brown,
then let sit on medium heat for 7 minutes.
When the chicken is cooked through remove and place on a plate.
Cover with tin foil.


Into the skillet pour your chicken broth, cooking cream, cream of chicken and milk.

Whisk the sauce until it is warm and bubbly.
Approximately 3-5 minutes.


Slice your chicken into strips 
and serve over cooked pasta and sauce.
Garnish with parsley.


Enjoy!
Bon Appetit.
Come see some of my photography over at Serendipity-Images.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You made me hungry just looking at that. Yum! I have never been able to take good food pictures. And I don't know how you did it, but even the raw chicken looks good. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...