Nov 1, 2009

Waiting

"God's timing is always perfect..." This is something that my mom has told me countless number of times over the last few years. It is a lesson that I still am learning...patience and waiting on God.

I waited patiently for the Lord; and he inclined unto me and heard my cry.
He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay,
and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.

I know that I have written on this subject before, but it is one that I constantly am reminding myself of...Wait on the Lord, don't try to take things in my own hands. God knows what is best for my life, His timing is always perfect...

Just today in my devotions I read this poem and once again it served as a reminder to me to wait on the Lord, trust in him, and let him have his way-

An hour of waiting!
Yet there seems such need
To reach that spot sublime!
I long to reach them-but I long far more
To trust HIS time!

"Sit still, my daughter"--
Yet the heathen die,
They perish while I stay!
I long to reach them-but I long far more
To trust HIS way!

'Tis good to get,
'Tis good indeed to give!
Yet is it better still--
O'er breadth, thro' length, down length, up height.
To trust HIS will!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...