Jan 18, 2010

Winter Days

If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant:
if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would
not be so welcome. (Anne Bradstreet)

January is here, with eyes that keenly glow,
A frost-mailed warrior,
striding a shadowy steed of snow.
Edgar Fawcett

He has made everything beautiful in his time.
Ecclesiastes 3:11

For he saith to the snow, Be thou on the earth;
Job 37:6a

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.
Robert Frost

2 comments:

  1. Wow...I didn't know MY camera could take such good pictures. I love the photos, they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pictures and your insights about winter Nicole...I still cling to what Paul said in Titus...'I have determinded there to winter...' but we do miss you all!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...