Mar 24, 2010

Chicken Kievs



It was my turn to fix dinner so I pulled this recipe out out my card file...
Origination: High School Home Economics

Prep time: 30 minutes
Servings: 4 (I double this recipe)
Cooking time: approx. 25 minutes

Ingredients:

4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
1 T chopped green onion (1)
1 T snipped fresh parsley
1 clove of garlic (1/2 t)
1/2 stick of butter
1 beaten egg
1 T of water
1/4 c. flour
1/4 bread crumbs
1 T butter
1 T cooking oil

Rinse chicken, pat dry, filet, then pound out,
sprinkle with salt and pepper


Combine onion, parsley, and garlic then sprinkle on chicken


Cut chilled butter into four 2 1/2 " wedges then place
on chicken breast


Roll up chicken breasts and secure with toothpick


Coat chicken rolls in flour, then dip in egg and water,
then bread lightly


In large skillet melt 1 T butter with oil then brown
chicken rolls til golden brown



Transfer to a backing dish and bake at 400degrees
for 20 minutes


Serve and enjoy!!


5 comments:

  1. That looks sooo good!! I had to laugh... I saw the picture of the butter and it must have been a close up because it looked like you had 8 whole sticks of butter there and I quickly scrolled up to check the recipe, then realized it really wasn't much... there really isn't EVER too much butter. I'm Laura and I'm a butterton :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole, You are a wonderful cook! It was sooo nice to come home to a meal all ready after candy selling the whole day!! ~Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. You continue to amaze me Nicole...you cook too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember those from Home-Ec class too! That was the meal I had to make for my family for a grade! They are soooo good! Stephanie Cervantes (Johnson)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...